Our assets are us. Our story is woven and intertwined with the buildings, people, and communities where we’re invested.
At Bridge, we’re more than just owners. We are entrenched and intertwined in the communities in which we operate. Our onsite teams understand how people live and businesses run — making improvements that build lasting communities and enrich the lives of our residents, including wellness, social and community programming. We believe in being active participants in our communities and leverage our local resources to support affordable housing, generate job growth and empower our residents.
The charitable organizations we support focus on child welfare, protecting the environment, and the provision of services to affordable housing in our local footprint.
Project Access is a non-profit mentor network and knowledge base. We use technology to match prospective applicants with mentors to level the playing field in admissions processes to the world’s best universities.
Bridge is one of the first to participate in Freddie Mac’s “Green Advantage” program, in which investment into environmentally-friendly initiatives on the property result in a reduction of loan interest rate and a reduction in utility costs for residents.
Bridge is fully committed to operating in an environmentally responsible manner. We believe it is both good business practice and our duty to protect the natural and cultural resources of the communities we serve. In addition to complying with all applicable environmental laws and regulation, we commit to:
• Make environmental concerns an integral part of our planning and decision-making processes and commit resources to implement effective environmental and sustainability programs.
• Promote and practice sound environmental stewardship of all company-owned facilities and properties and all natural and cultural resources under our management. In particular, promote the efficient use of energy and natural resources through cost-effective conservation and energy management programs.
• Educate employees to be accountable for environmental stewardship and encourage them to seek innovative ways to improve the environmental aspects of our operations.
• Avoid, minimize and mitigate any adverse environmental impacts caused by our operations. Continually improve our environmental programs.
• Maintain open channels of communication with our constituencies to meet their information needs in regard to energy, environmental and sustainability issues. Participate with government agencies and others in framing responsible laws, regulations, and standards affecting the community, the workplace, and the environment.
• Ensure the proper handling and disposal of all wastes, and minimize their creation while pursuing opportunities to prevent pollution and recycle and reuse waste materials.
• Support research and development of programs and technologies aimed at minimizing the environmental impacts of our operations.
• Evaluate our environmental performance through periodic reviews and audits to ensure that our conduct is consistent with these principles.